- VigyanShaala Rural STEM Champion Fellows and College Chapters:Through establishing VigyanShaala chapters in colleges, we provide mentoring, hands-on engagement and training to under/post-graduate students pursuing STEM courses in rural and underprivileged urban settings. VS Labs consists of Tinkering spaces, Concept spaces and Maker spaces. Focus is on Project based learning, Research and Development..
- VS Labs as Epicenters of Outreach to Schools:Through these chapters we foster a culture of Citizen Science that engages with local schools to advocate and inspire participation in STEM subjects.Further, our rural fellows and labs, supported with a means tested fellowship and quality mentoring, become role models within their communities as they break traditional access barriers.
- Technology Enabled Peer Networks:We establish networks that provide peer mentoring and transitioning support to students at various tiers of education. These networks will enable the creation of a global mentoring and resource sharing movement that promotes hands-on STEM education for all through our online platform.
We have performed many workshops across the country using state of the art STEM experiments where students perform the experiments themselves. In one of our workshops seen above are:
- PhD Students guiding the complete workshop session in a school
- Undergraduate STEM Champion school children in their community and guiding the students
- School students in the remote area of Bagdogra, experiencing full 2-days of STEM workshops and inspiration
Local Teachers of the school are trained on state of the art experiments designed for children.
By 2030, we aim to engage 1 million K-12 students with hands on activities and support smooth transitioning of 5000 undergraduates into best global universities for higher-education and train 2500 research scholars as mentors.